Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Staying optimistic

Time to get busy!!

Here we are on day 12 of my cycle. I've really been putting effort into getting pregnant - not a stressful effort, just giving it my all. It's been over two weeks off the caffeine and I'm pretty proud of myself. I'm dying for a Coke though!! I've been taking prenatal vitamins everyday, getting plenty of sleep, took my Clomid and wore my patch. Last night I took an ovulation test - doc said to start those on day 11. First pop was positive!! So it's ovulation time for me and as I laid in bed last night with my hips up and a smile on my face I could just feel Aaron's little swimmers making acquaintance with my darling eggs. Still two weeks to go in this cycle and I'm already giving names to the little guys. Well, putting names on a list. I don't know why I think things will be any different now than they have been for years, why I should get pregnant at 37 when I never could before. But still I'm optimistic and positive. I know that if it doesn't happen I will probably cry a little and maybe even mope a little. But I also know that I already have a large and beautiful family and I'm already a mother, and a pretty good one most of the time. My life is good - Aaron and I have been getting along better than ever lately and I look forward to and enjoy every minute with him. I'm so happy that he's my guy. He's it. The one. My very best friend. How lucky am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment