Saturday, October 6, 2012

Month 1, day 1

Today is day 1 of my cycle and the first month that we are really trying for this pregnancy. On Monday I'll begin my Clomid and we'll really get into this! We're only going to try for up to six months. After that time if I'm still not pregnant I'll be going on an everyday birth control pill. This will prevent me getting periods which will greatly reduce my chances for ovarian cysts and endometriosis, two things that have caused me great pain over the years. Ultimately what I want is to live a pain-free and comfortable life (don't we all?). So as we venture into month one wish us luck!

Though today is day 1 of my cycle, it is day 5 of no caffeine. The headaches have already subsided (boy it was bad the first couple of days), though I'm sure I'll get more. I admit it - I have an addiction to caffeine!! I don't really have that much - a cup of coffee in the morning, a soda in the afternoon, and an occasional Exedrin when I have a bad headache - but it's still everyday and the rebound headaches suck. So I'm pretty proud of myself for making it this far! I don't plan on giving it up forever - just until I get pregnant or don't! Well, if I do get pregnant I may give it up during the pregnancy but the same day I give birth I'm having a cup of coffee!

Now...time to clean. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment