I don't know how many blogs I've read (or written) that begin with "I haven't written anything in a while..." Well, that is very true. With Facebook I am able to keep up with all my friends and family and don't really need to blog or read blogs anymore. But now I am writing for a little bit of a different purpose though I do hope friends and family will read. I am writing for the sake of writing. As an English teacher I encourage my students to write everyday. Not only do I encourage it but I actually demand it. Often they have very specific writing assignments but they also have frequent "free writes" in which they can write whatever their hearts desire. I'll usually provide them with a prompt to get their creative juices flowing. I don't want to be one of those "do as I say, not as I do" people so I am going to start writing more frequently. This isn't for my students to read, though they are welcome to if they want. It's just for me to write. To vent. To share. And the truth is, despite Facebook I actually have a lot to share.
Hope you're looking forward to it!
No comments:
Post a Comment