Thursday, October 4, 2012

Another motive

While everything I said in my last post is true, I do intend to write just for the sake of it, there is another motive for me taking up the blog again. Aaron and I already have a large, wonderful family with five kids between us and it's certainly enough. Who could ask for more? In fact, many might ask for less. Despite that, as a family we have decided to try for one more. I am actively trying to get pregnant. The decision came after a large abnormal cyst was found on my ovary last month. After lots of pain, a trip to Urgentcare, a CT scan, and ultrasounds, my doctor proclaimed that the cyst should be removed surgically. The surgery was scheduled for the following week and then the Dr. sat down and talked with us. As long as he was going in there, he said, he would get rid of any endometriosis he saw and would I like him to check my tubes to see if they are clear? Would these things help us to get pregnant? Well, they would give us our best shot.

After the surgery while I was still in recovery the Dr. went out to speak to Aaron. He told him that he flushed dye through the tubes and found them clear, he cleaned up all the endometriosis, and in terms of fertility "she looks great."

Now we are here not just hoping that we get pregnant, but actively making an effort. For three months I will take Clomid, that infamous fertility drug that is the cause of too many twins in this world. I am taking pre-natal vitamins and giving up caffeine which some experts say may lower the chances of conceiving. I've purchased the home ovulation kits. And Aaron has taken a sperm count test. The result? He's shooting out over 20 million a pop. We're looking good and we're taking measures.

Lots of people like to tell me that "you get pregnant when you stop trying and stop thinking about it." Well, that hasn't worked for the first 25 fertile years of my life so I think it's time to be proactive about it. We're going into this with a positive attitude - it could happen. We're not stressed about trying, we're having fun with it. (Don't forget that trying to get pregnant the natural way is TONS of fun!) We're not keeping it a secret. We're telling everyone because I figure if people know that I'm trying they'll think about me and send positive energy my way and that can't hurt, can it?

So this blog has now become a chronicle of our journey to try to have the most adorable and most intelligent baby on earth. Take the journey with us, give us your positive energy, and wish us luck!

                                                Two lines means over 20 million per mililiter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment